Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Day of the Turkey.

I feel obligated to post something along the lines of what I'm thankful for, because, after all, it is Thanksgiving, and it is kind of a big deal. So here it goes...


1. I'm thankful that I was not involved in the first Thanksgiving. I'm especially thankful that I was not one of the pilgrims who gave smallpox-infected blankets to the Native Americans and equally thankful that I was not one of the Native Americans who received a smallpox-infected blanket.



2. I'm thankful for Minerva Olympia Swofford-Morgan, even though at the moment she is biting and clawing my arm. I know she's just doing it because she loves me, and that's why I love her...because she loves me unconditionally...well that might not be true. If I stopped feeding her and shoveling her poop, she'd probably stop loving me. But she let's me put her in sweaters, which she hates. She willingly let's me dress her in sweaters, because she knows it makes me happy, and she likes it when I'm happy. That's love, right?

3. I'm thankful for my family...even though we're all mental and drive each other further into our insanity.

4. I'm thankful for all of my friends...they help me hold on to what little sanity I have left...and give me money so I'm not stranded on campus when I forget my wallet, but still park my car in Ram's parking deck.


5. I'm thankful for Harry Potter. Out of the entire history of the world, I was lucky enough to be born in the generation that was defined by Harry Potter. I mean seriously...what are the chances of that happening? I get so much joy out of Harry Potter and Harry Potter-related activities. Seven books that I can reread and always find out something new about the Wizarding World. Quidditch. Midnight premieres. Literally running to buy a book. Pumpkin juice. Fred and George Weasley. Butterbeer. A theme park! The list is endless...

6. All the open doors shown to me by God the past year. I've changed so much as a person. (Hopefully for the better...?) I've met some truly amazing people this year. I've become reliant on God firstly, and me secondly, and it's a good, good, GOOD feeling.


7. The creation of Diet Dr. Pepper. It runs through my veins.

8. Food, in general. -K


No comments:

Post a Comment